Friends of the Global Fund Europe, Friends of the Global Fund, Japan (FGFJ), Friends of the Global Fight (US) and Fund of the Global Fund are pleased to invite you to our joint event to be held on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly’s High-Level Meetings on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response (PPR), Universal Health Coverage (UHC), and Tuberculosis (TB). The high-level discussion will address the importance of people-centered and inclusive health systems, especially at the primary level, to accelerate progress in each of these three areas towards SDG2030, including how the fight against AIDS, TB, and Malaria can contribute toward this goal.
Date: Tuesday, September 19
Time: 10:00 AM (EDT) | 11:00 PM (JST) | 4:00 PM (CAT/CEST)
Location: New York City & Online
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation will be available in English, Japanese, French, and German for in-person and online participants.
- His Excellency Pak Budi Gunadi Sadikin, Minister of Health of the Republic of Indonesia [Keynote]
- Ms. Erica Gerretsen, Director, Human Development, Migration, Governance & Peace, European Commission [Keynote on behalf of Jutta Urpilainen, European Commissioner for International Partnerships]
- Magda Robalo, Former Minister for Public Health of Guinea-Bissau [Moderator]
- Amb. Takeshi Akahori, Director-General for Global Issues, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
- Amb. Anne-Claire Amprou, French Ambassador for Global Health
- Hon. Loyce Pace, Assistant Secretary for Global Affairs, United States Department of Health and Human Services
- Dr. Eliud Wandwalo, Head of Tuberculosis, The Global Fund Secretariat